Why should data quality be measured? There are two primary reasons:
- You can justify your data quality spend to senior management if you relate numerically the benefits one achieves from improving data; and
- For continual improvement in your business processes – once the data quality is know and how it affects the business, it is very desirable to continue to measure and improve the data. The data is always related to a clear business benefits and improving this all the time provide long term benefits to your business.
Acuate’s Seven Dimensions of Data Quality is one such measurement technique that measures data quality. See our blog post to find out more.
The other 3 Cornerstones are:
- Data Quality and Data Migration Expertise (1 of 4)
- Customer Driven Projects (3 of 4)
- Cost Effectiveness (4 of 4)