Places such as India, China, and Eastern Europe enable access to low-cost and very flexible human resources that is almost impossible to compete with.
If you have a data collection or internet research type project, then it is likely to be people intensive, particularly if a large number of records are present.
Off-shore teams are the perfect answer.
As these tasks are repeatable, data entry clerks or data stewards are available in their thousands. Here are some of the key advantages:
- The resources are happy to work within our daily times if required
- The pool of educated resources is plentiful
- Work ethic is generally very good for these types of projects
- Repeatable processes are most welcomed
- English is not a problem, hence training is easy
- The resources are IT savvy
- Not to mention, the cost is highly affordable
The poor reputation for off-shore work is associated with call centre type work. Here the job is purely administrative and quality assurance checks ensure very good results.
So what new services can an off-shore team provide?
- Data Collection – It you wish to collect data from websites or other media then this is very doable.
- Data Validation – Validating company data against either their own websites or directories
- Email Insertion – Finding emails addresses for business individuals or business contacts
- Data Correction – Manual data cleansing is useful for very poor data
In data projects there are many tasks that are not possible via an algorithm, but as humans we can see the obvious answer.
So, if you have a large number of records or even a small database of a few thousand, an off-shore team can save you a huge amount of money and time, not to mention the quality can be significantly better.